quinta-feira, 27 de junho de 2019






NONSENSE

Searching my belongings, between lost and found issues, I came across another writing whose origin I don’t know.  Apparently it’s a theater script. I don’t know who wrote it – I bet it was not me – but as I am always fascinated by absurdities and nonsense (things that always end up leaving some message) I decided to post it.
-0-0-0-

SETTING: In front of a theater, where people wait in line at the ticket booth and others pass the sidewalk. On the sidewalk, holding a basket of flowers, is a flower seller. She walks back and forth, screaming rhythmically:

FLORIST: “Flowers! Flowers!”

A man approaches, holds the florist’s arm and says:

MAN : “That’s me!”
FLORIST (looking surprised): “What? What do you mean – ‘that’s me’?”
MAN: “That’s me, Flowers. That’s my name!” – presenting himself with a bow. “Sargent James Flowers, at your service, lady. Were you calling me?”
FLORIST: “No, sir. I’m just selling flowers”.
MAN: “Oh, oh! I think I made a mistake.”
FLORIST: “You sure did, mister.”
MAN: “Why don’t you call your flowers by their names?
FLORIST: “Like what?” – and starts yelling – “Daisies! Lilies!, Roses!?”

Some people in the queue move around. Two of them lean and say:

FIRST WOMAN: “Yes? I’m Daisy!”
SECOND WOMAN: “Have you called me? My name is Rose!”
FLORIST: “Oh no!” There it comes again!”



Nenhum comentário: